Finnish Rally Championship 2015 will start in Rovaniemi with traditional Arctic Lapland Rally. Two day event is demanding for both drivers and rally cars as they are heading for nearly 300 stage kilometers.
Joonas Tokee has competed only one season in Finnish main rally series but he has already showed his talent many times. Sixth place in last years FRC series was good result for rookie but this season he is aiming for top results in highly competitive SM3 class for R2 cars.
Tokee has now full confidence with his Peugeot 208 R2 after good and fast test sessions before the start of season. He will get good instructions and guidance from AKK Driver Academy –coaching group which is helping the best young Finnish rally talents to reach their goal to be professional drivers.
– Everything is well and balanced before the Arctic Lapland Rally. We have made our preparations very carefully. Surely I´m now more ready than 12 months ago, told Joonas.
– Now I have to drive smart rally without mistakes as this is Championship’s longest event. I think our speed is enough to fight for top positions.
In 2015 the aim for Tokee is to take a big step in his career and to finish in FRC series at least Top 3 in class.
– Definitely we go and fight for victory in every rally. The aim is also develop myself during the season as well as the driver’s skills and physical and mental properties, Tokee concluded.
Finnish Rally Championship 2015 calendar:
– 23.-24.1. Arctic Lapland Rally, Rovaniemi
– 20.-21.2. Vaakuna Rally, Mikkeli
– 06.-07.3. Pohjanmaa Rally, Seinäjoki
– 12.-13.6. Itäralli, Joensuu
– 28.-29.8. Turku Rally, Turku
– 25.-26.9. Pirelli Rally, Tampere